Today, phone is not just for making phone calls and sending SMS. Today’s advanced phones are minicomputers. Just like a computer, it needs an Operating System to manage phone resources and applications. BlackBerry is one such ultimate Mobile OS. BlackBerry Apps are applications which run on BlackBerry OS to serve our needs.
BlackBerry has a large collection of applications. Following are my 10 favorite BlackBerry Applications: My 10 favorite BlackBerry Applications
1. Amazon – Amazon BlackBerry app is developed for Amazon lovers. This app provides guaranteed secure connection between your BlackBerry and Amazon.com. I manage my Amazon account using Amazon BlackBerry app.
2. BlackBerry messenger – BlackBerry Messenger keeps me in touch with friends using their BlackBerry Mobile. This messaging service is free.
3. Google maps – Google maps help me to find location without taking anyone’s help. With this great App, I am assured that I will not get lost anywhere in this world.
4. Facebook – I am a Facebook maniac and I can’t live disconnected from Facebook.com even for a minute. I am able to do everything (that is possible on a desktop) on Facebook.com using this BlackBerry app!
5. LinkedIn – Being a professional, I always want to keep myself connected to my network. Everybody knows that LinkedIn.com is a world famous social networking site for professionals and so, my Blackberry LinkedIn App help me to manage my LinkedIn Account on-the-move.
6. WordPress – I am a regular writer of blogs and articles. BlackBerry WordPress App helps me to do this from my mobile.
7. Urbanspoon – I love traveling new places. Urbanspoon helps me find good restaurants to eat.
8. Vlingo – I am usually not tempted to use my mobile while driving but if I have to; I ensure that it is safe and not a great distraction. And Vlingo, helps me do just that! I can command my Blackberry with my own voice.
9. MSN Messenger – This App helps me to use services of world famous MSN Messenger from my BlackBerry Mobile.
10. Skype – Skype on BlackBerry helps me to keep connected with my clients all over the world at a very low-cost.
To get most out of your BlackBerry phone, select right applications for your day to day use. Mobile applications are really cool that can make normal phones into Smartphones and obviously, without the mobile OS support, it is not possible.